Yeronga SHS was constructed in 1959 and opened in 1960. In 1967, three quarters of the bottom oval, built in 1966, was given to TAFE for car parking and an indoor sporting complex to which the school has access. In return, the top oval was extended to accommodate a 400-metre running track. In 2020 Global Turf Projects was engaged to reshape the oval and install a new irrigation system. Construction works were delivered 6 weeks ahead of the program.